JOB TITLE: LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
Location: Agawam, MA/ Brockton, MA/ Danvers, MA/ Colchester, CT/ Albuquerque , NM/ Pueblo, CO
Duration: 6 Months extendable
The LPN functions under the supervision and guidance of the Nursing Supervisor or Physician and participates in the multi-disciplinary process of providing care and treatment to patients and provides clinical support and technical assistance to the professional medical and other staff.
Individual must be able to manage demanding workload with accuracy. Position requires excellent customer service skills with patients, and their families, other staff, physicians, vendors, and the public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists physicians with patient office visits, including putting patients in rooms, interviewing patients, recording vital signs including pulse rate, blood pressure, height and weight, and enters information in patient’s electronic medical record.
• Performs select clinical tests including, but not limited to; urinalysis, urine culture and sensitivity, pregnancy tests, blood glucose monitoring, bladder scans, uroflow, and urodynamics. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
• Administers and documents medication under physician’s order and follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the potential for medical error.
• Participates in the controlled substance count conducted twice daily.
• Performs office visits, including catheter changes and collection of data with reference to UTI symptoms and completes appropriate documentation in patient’s electronic medical record. • Assists physicians with office based procedures and office based procedures under anesthesia by participating in time out procedure; providing pre and post-operative care; assists physician during actual procedure.
• Observes, records, and reports changes in patients’ condition.
• Carries out medical and surgical asepsis during treatments and special procedures.
• Demonstrates appropriate use of Red Bag Waste.
• Sterilizes, packages, and autoclaves instruments, using proper sterilization protocols.
• Setting up proper equipment for specific office based procedures and office based procedures under anesthesia.
• Labeling and processing patient specimens as needed, including tracking specimens in appropriate logs.
• Organizes exam rooms, including general cleaning, upkeep, and re-stocking of supplies.
• Assists CT technician with IV starts as needed.
• Fields patient telephone calls and responds accordingly.
• Demonstrates appropriate hand washing technique to insure proper infection control and follows universal precautions.
• Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Current LPN license required.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care according to individual needs. • Must demonstrate an understanding of clinical risk. • Must demonstrate consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to detail. • Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills with patients, staff, and other health care professionals. • Familiarity with EMR systems a plus. • Travel to any of the Premier Medical Group locations may be necessary upon request.
Thanks & Regards,
(Please Visit for the current openings)
Companies across U.S. have engaged ReqRoute, Inc to deliver skilled, dedicated IT professionals. Recruiting is our passion and we support Fortune 1000 companies with their hiring needs. We always seek to deliver competitive and sought-after career opportunities to our potential consultants and employees. We invite you to review the position requirements and apply today if your skills match our needs.
ReqRoute, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. (www.reqroute.com