Duties / Responsibilities
- Assist in developing the framework, approaches, and processes using well-designed requirements or user stories, supporting screenshots and documentation.
- Formulate and define project scope and objectives using knowledge of information technology and industry knowledge or requirements.
- Develop acceptance criteria that can be easily adapted to modern commercial rules engines and structured in a manner that is scalable and sustainable.
- Act as a liaison between business stakeholders and Information Technology team, using strong communication skills to elicit, document, analyze and validate business processes, systems, and solution requirements.
- Direct or participate in studies of new and existing programs and special projects to determine feasibility, resolution of problems including organizational, procedural, technical and fiscal research and analysis.
- Develop policies and procedures to improve efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and/or to improve internal and external customer service.
- Develop information system documentation to support MHBE IT operations.
- Document requirements and specifications using high-maturity methods, processes and tools.
- Support requirements management, work management and change management processes.
- Work closely with MHBE stakeholders to develop business and functional requirements for HBX system modifications and enhancements.
- Assist with use case development and ensure that contractors understand and incorporate business requirements in their development.
- Review and provide written comments for deliverables designed by contractors and ensure the deliverables address all business and functional requirements as expected.
Note: The candidate must have the flexibility to work overtime, as needed, to include weekends, holidays, and off-hours.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in the IT field and a minimum of five (5) years of experience as an IT business analyst or equivalent.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in conducting JAD sessions with business owners and stakeholders to gather requirements.
- A minimum of two (2) years of hands-on experience in creating, modifying and maintaining requirements and design documents for large healthcare IT systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems development lifecycle (SDLC) techniques and methodologies.
- Proven strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with preparing presentations, reports, tables, graphs, and observations for presentation to technical and non-technical audience.
- Ability to work collaboratively with business users, managers and non-technical staff.
- Experience with managing multiple priorities and tight timelines.
The additional Experience/Knowledge/Skills listed below are preferred by the MHBE.
- At least five (5) years of experience providing business analyst services for complex and dynamic, multi-agency technology projects in the healthcare industry.
- At least five (5) years of hands-on experience in serving as a liaison between business and IT in gathering business requirements needed for complex system modifications, enhancement and implementations.
- Extensive PC skills including Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Expertise in business process modeling, analysis, tooling, documentation, communication, and improvement efforts.
- Working knowledge of organizational change management including principles, methodologies and tools.
- Familiarity with various traditional and innovative project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Agile software development practices.
- Ability to create and maintain project schedules, project plans and specifications, estimate time and resources, monitor milestone completion, track various phases of the project lifecycle, provide timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, and coordinate action items.
- Experience with the State Based Marketplace solutions in Healthcare IT or Health and Human Services domains.
- Experience with managing multiple project priorities under tight deadlines.
- Experience working with the Project Management Office (PMO) processes, policies and procedures